Tuesday 5 July 2016

What's in my summer makeup bag?

Today's post is going to be one that I have been looking forward to doing for quite some time now. I will be showing you what I carry in my summer makeup bag. The things I carry in my makeup bag in the summer and the things I carry in my makeup bag in the winter are quite different so I thought I would do another one of these even though I did a 'What's in my makeup bag' before. So this is an updated version and I hope you enjoy.


So the first things in my makeup bag are my primer, foundation and concealer. I almost always use my smashbox primer however since I have this MAC sample, I prefer to carry this one around as it is a lot smaller. The foundation I carry is the Bourjous City Radiance foundation. I always used yo use the MAC Studio Fix and I still love that foundation however in the summer when it's really hot I prefer to use a more lightweight foundation and I find it stays on longer in the heat without looking patchy. The concealer I use is the Yves Saint Laurent Touhe Éclat, I use this because it doesn't crease in the heat and it makes my undereyes look more awake and bright.


The next and probably the most important thing that I carry in my makeup bag is my powder. I can never leave the house without my powder it is literally a lifesaver, the powder that I use is the MAC Studio Fix.


The next things in my makeup bag are my blushes. The two I carry in my makeup bag are the No7 in the shade Soft Damson which is very natural. The other one I carry is Topshop's Afternoon Tea and this one is a lot more pigmented and bright. 


The next things in my makeup bag are my bronzers and my highlight. The two bronzers I carry are the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil and the Nars Laguna. Chocolate Soleil is a lot darker than the Laguna so I use the Laguna only if I want a very natural bronzed look. The highlighter I use is MAC Vanilla Pigment and this is perfect for summer if you want a shimmering highlight.


My favourite eyeshadow palette is the Naked 2 palette. However there is no way that I will carry that around with me! So instead I carry the Sephora VIP palette and I always use the top 4 shades.


The next things in my makeuo bag are my liners and mascara. I always carry two liners. One is a pen and one is a pencil. The Pen I use is the Kiko Ultimate Pen eyeliner and the pencil is the BarryM Kohl Pencil. The mascara I use is the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara.


Finally, the last things that are in my makeup bag are lipsticks and lip liners. I always have the lipstick which I am currently wearing in my makeup bag. However I also always carry 3 staple lipsticks which I almost always have on me. 
Maybelline in the shade Velvet Beige
MAC in the shade Velvet Teddy
MAC in the shade Whirl
The lipliners I often carry in my makeup bag are: 
MAC Spice
Maybelline Velvet Beige

And that's it! That is all the contents of my makeup bag. I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some ideas on what to carry in your makeup bag ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment